queen contestThe Keokuk County Fair Queen Contest will be held on July 4 at 3 pm at the Opera House.
Crowning of the queen will be at 5:15 pm on July 13, 2018
Entry blanks may be picked up from either Kathy Fisch (641.595.2800), Gloria Strohman (641.660.6702) or Bob Dugger (641.295.2951).
Deadline for Entering: 5 p.m., Friday, June 15, 2018
Each contestant must be at least 16 years of age and not more than 21 years of age on August 9th, the first day of the 2018 Iowa State Fair.
- Contestants must be an active member of at least one service organization in her community such as church, Girl Scouts, 4- H, etc. (Eligibility is not limited to 4-H)
- Contestants must never have been married or have any children.
- The contestant must reside in Keokuk County or an adjoining county if the majority of her activities are in the county she represents.
- The County Fair Queen must be available at the Iowa State Fair, Tuesday, August 9 through the time of the crowning on Saturday afternoon, August 11, 2018.
- If crowned, the Queen must agree to appear for the Iowa State Fair Board in official capacities as requested throughout the year until her successor is crowned. This includes daily appearances at the 2018 Fair and the first three days of the 2019 Fair.
- She will need to provide her own transportation to the fair and from the fair.